Ecclesiasticus 4:28

"Fight to the death for truth, and the Lord God will war on your side."

Ora pro nobis,

Most Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Francis de Sales, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Dominic. Amen.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Prayer for Mildness and Patience

O my God, I beg of You to grant me peace with my neighbour,
For I cannot enjoy Your favour
If I do not live in union with my brothers and sisters.

I can preserve this union by mildness and patience.

Give then, I beseech You, these two virtues,
And grant that I may always speak and act kindly to all;
That I may suffer patiently for love of You
Whatever wrongs, injuries, or insults may be done me;
That not only I may not be displeased with anything
But that I may patiently suffer all that happens to me from others.
Amen.
(St. Jean Baptiste de la Salle)

(Category: Catholic Devotions: Common Catholic Prayers.)

No comments: