Ecclesiasticus 4:28

"Fight to the death for truth, and the Lord God will war on your side."

Ora pro nobis,

Most Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Francis de Sales, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Dominic. Amen.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Prayer of St. Anselm

O Lord my God, teach my heart this day where and how to see You, where and how to find You.

You have made me and remade me, and You have bestowed on me all the good things I possess, and still I do not know You. I have not yet done that for which I was made.

Teach me to seek You, for I cannot seek You unless You teach me,or find You unless You show Yourself to me.

Let me seek You in my desire, Let me desire You in my seeking. Let me find You by loving You, Let me love You when I find You.
(St. Anselm of Canterbury)

(Category: Catholic Devotions: Common Catholic Prayers.)

4 comments:

Gregory said...

Hey Chris.
Just edited the prayer so that it fit the format of the others, and added the Category tag. I assume that it was St. Anselm of Canterbury who penned this. If not, let me know!

Unknown said...

You got'er, dude!

Christopher

Anonymous said...

I'm Batsy,
from Arabia,
and I'm 14 y.o

Hi, Everybody
I've studied English sinse Spring .
It's Really difficult
I want like to meet boys and girls and practisice My English with them.

Thanks!!!

Gregory said...

Hello Batsy.
It's nice to have you around. I would perhaps warn you, though, that this blog might not be the best place to find people your age. And the English that we would use here might sometimes be rather technical for someone who is learning. It's also always based on defending the Christian faith.

That said, if you like reading here, and it helps you in any way, you're certainly much more than welcome!
God bless
Gregory